joven y alocada

THE RAPTURE


The rapture is obscenely interesting. That's why it deserves more than just one picture. More than two, more than three. It deserves an entire blog but I'm too lazy to do it. Instead, a section devoted to the Rapture, or the Taking, or whatever you want to call it. Jesus said “I'll come soon”, that was a couple of years ago, and the apostles thought that they would see the second coming. Starting with the apostles, EVERYONE thinks they're going to see it. I thought so too. And I wanted Jeezus to return, so he could take them all with him and I could fornicate in peace. But sometimes I'd be scared shitless. Like when I read the saga “Left Behind” and then I'd dream that I was at my evangelical school and that I was left behind from the Rapture, and there were torrents of fire and these scorpion-type bugs that would chase after me, screaming, “Abaddon, abbadon”. Or when my sister came home one day and no one was there. Back then, my little brother didn't exist and I was like five years old, which meant that I was automatically included in the Rapture. My sister thought...shit the Rapture and I'm still here...then she called cousin's parents who are also evangelical...and they didn't pick up. And she called some other people from the church...and they didn't pick up. That's when she really started getting scared.
Then, sensibly, she turned on the TV, to see in Bernardo de la Maza and his Tulio TriviƱo face had anything to say about it. But it didn't say anything.
Then she figured out that nothing was going on. These days, she's on vacations in France, having a sweet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment